Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Discouraged :(

Link doesn't seem interested in doing any of his activities.  When we go to the school room, he asks for anything he hasn't done and won't do anything already there.  I gave him a presentation on the metal insets yesterday and he did the first step, but didn't want to finish.  He'll do the activities on Bumblebee's shelves, but they are too easy for him so they don't hold his attention.  Then he just walks around the room.  I added some practical life to his shelves hoping to get him more interested.  He did them once and was done.

He'll be four in a month.  I really thought that by this time he'd be a bit farther along.  I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing the right thing keeping him home.

2 comments:

  1. I can really understand how frustrated you must feel. If I were you I would stop school completely for a few weeks without saying anything just don't mention it at all and it will soon become new and exciting again.
    I should add though that I am no model parent and struggling with an energetic toddler.
    I would be very interested to hear what you do and what the result is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've taken a break for about a week now. I've been trying to do more practical life things outside of school and he's been really into it. Once we start up again I'm going to try to have some more practical life in the school room. His shelves are really lacking in that area. Thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete