Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Materials Purchase

I finally did it!  I spent way more than I had originally planned, but I ordered everything I thought I'd need for the next year, plus some.  Thank you to everyone who posted comments and offered advice.  This was a big deal for me, so I took everything into consideration.

I ended up ordering from two companies - A Plus and IFIT.  Here's the breakdown:

From A Plus I was originally only getting the cylinder blocks and number rods since they were out of stock at IFIT.  But then IFIT went out of stock on their $18 Geometric Form Cards.  They wouldn't ship them separately for free, so that would have been an extra $12.  It irritated me a little that I was about to spend $761 at their store, and they couldn't swing the $12.  (It would be silly for me to pay $30 total to get them later, and if I waited they would probably go out of stock on something else.)  I really wanted to get both the cards and the cabinet from the same place.  So I ended up ordering everything from A Plus that was cheaper.  (It evened out - some things were more, others were much less.)  My total there was $481 (it would have been $507 at IFIT) plus, since I spent over $400 I saved about $30 on shipping.


Item
Price
Cylinder Blocks
$104.95
Numerical Rods
$38.58
Geometric Form Cards
$10.95
Geometric Cabinet
$147.45
Puzzle Map of USA
$25.95
Puzzle Map of World Parts
$25.95
Puzzle Map of North America
$25.95
Wood - Large Movable Alphabet
$52.95
Knobless Cylinders
$48.95
TOTAL
$481.68
 

Below is my order from IFIT.  As you can see, I threw in a few things I didn't plan on getting.  Since we're about to have baby #3, I decided to get a few infant toys.  My first two boys have LOVED the cylinder imbucare box and coin box that we've had for the past two years.  I think these three infant toys will get a lot of use as well, and the price was not too bad.  I bought a gift card from IFIT using a Visa Gift Card I got as a rebate on our appliances for $526 when I thought my order was going to be $761.  I was going to have to use two forms of payment and this was the only way I could see to do that.  Well, once I decided to move some items over to A Plus, I was sorta stuck using that balance at IFIT.  So I added some botany and zoology puzzles and the metal insets.  


Item
Price
Pink Tower Only (Beech Wood)
$32.00
Geometric Solids With Bases (Beech Wood)
$42.00
Sandpaper Numbers with Box
$13.00
Sandpaper Letters, Lower Case Print with Box
$28.00
Numbered Spindle Box with 45 Spindles
$25.00
Sandpaper Double Letters, Print with Box
$22.00
Broad Stair (Beech Wood)
$68.00
Third Box of Color Tablets (Clearance)
$18.00
Long Red Rods (Beech Wood)
$38.00
Globe of the World Parts (Clearance)
$18.00
Globe of Land and Water (Clearance)
$18.00
Binomial Cube (Beech Wood)
$21.00
Box with Bins
$23.00
Object Permanence Box with Tray
$16.00
Imbucare Box with Rectangular Prism (Clearance)
$6.00
Tree Puzzle
$7.00
Flower Puzzle
$7.00
Seed Puzzle
$7.00
Bird Puzzle with Skeleton
$10.00
Frog Puzzle with Skeleton
$10.00
Horse Puzzle with Skeleton
$10.00
100 Golden Bead Units (Box not included)
$0.90
100 Golden Bead Units, Wood Beads
$0.90
Metal Insets with 2 Stands
$64.00
Geometric Puzzle Board
$10.00
Fish Puzzle with Skeleton
$10.00
Leaf Puzzle
$7.00
TOTAL
$531.80



Once I get everything I'll be sure to follow-up with a review and my school room setup!

No comments:

Post a Comment