Sunday, October 30, 2011

Geometric Cabinet & Other Presentations

I've read things that say if you give a presentation and the child doesn't do it correctly, you just conclude the presentation and try again another day.  But there has to be some point you just let them use the material, right?  Link doesn't really do the presentation tray or geometric cabinet drawers correctly.  But after two presentations, he just said "I don't want to do that" (meaning trace the shapes) and he puts the pieces back.  I feel like I should just let him do the cabinet since he's interested, even if he's not doing right....

Then there's the red rods.  He has not tried to build the stairs.  I asked him if I could give him another presentation, and he said no.  Maybe I'll just do them myself one day and see if that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment