Tuesday, August 30, 2011

School Day 4

I added two new works for today.  Water pouring from a salad dressing jar with two small glasses and scooping rice with a formula scoop.
 


Link was excited to try the rice scooping.  However, after a few tries he says to me "How about we don't use the scoop, how about if we just pour it cause I'm tired of doing that."  So, he pours.  Which I'm okay with, apparently he's in a 'sensitive period for pouring' or something, because he wants to pour everything.

So, the pouring was definitely a hit.  As you can see he hasn't developed the skill for stopping when the glass is full.
 

He cleaned up the water very enthusiastically and tried again.  I'm pretty sure he stopped this time... though I may have prompted it.
 

I'm not sure how to instruct him to hold the glass.  I'm pretty sure he is left handed, and either way, I'm not sure of the easiest way.  Maybe next time I won't show him anything and see if he just grips it however is most comfortable.

After the two new activities he walked around looking at everything saying "I don't want to do that" until he had ruled out everything.  Then he asked to glue.  I suggested that he cut a few more strips so he'd have something to glue (since he used almost all of them last time) and he was glad to.  Then get did some serious gluing.  I'm sure I did not handle the glue puddles like a teacher would have.  I will admit it, I got a little irritated.  I was trying to explain to him that he didn't need puddles to glue large pieces of paper just because they were big, and it bothered me that he wasn't listening.  Thankfully, he asked to write, so he did that for about 10 minutes.  He asked to paint, but I can't remember if he did or not.  We had to leave after an hour since little brother woke up.

I should mention that the four days of school I have just posted about were Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. I'm just a little slow getting my notes up on the blog.  I posted notes from every day since this was our first week, but I think I'll probably do weekly posts from now on... I don't know, we'll see.  There won't be much posting for the next two weeks as we have a lot planned away from home.  But be sure to check back because I have lots of new things planned to add to the room when we return!

No comments:

Post a Comment