Sunday, August 28, 2011

School Day 3

Our third day in the school room was very nice, but I could see that Link is already bored with the activities.  He wanted to do mostly art.  I thought today I'd post my notes in their raw format just to show what I do while he is working.  While he is working I don't want to be too tied-up at the computer, so I try to have just enough detail that I can refer back to them to see what he is interested in or having difficulty with.  Since I take pictures while he's working, I'll throw those in the notes as I go.  As I said, these are just my notes, and I'm not going to edit them, so please excuse how rough they sound!

**********************************************

took the land, air, and water pages out and will just talk about each piece to ensure he understands each one

10:15 - glue and tape pieces from cutting, asked for macaroni to glue

cleaning up some glue

10:50 - i showed the tong transfer - he used his hands, i showed him how his hand would not fit in the small container, so he said he could just dump it.  turned into a transfer, he did it very carefully! at first he dropped a few, then he figured out if he nested them they wouldn't fall out when he tipped them over



10:55 - chose the association cards, did a great job matching, didn’t do it the way i showed him, but he explained it well.  maybe need another presentation. he put them away very well, i got out some of the new ones and helped him put them on the mat in a line the way I demonstrated



spent a few minutes pulling tape off of his legs from earlier
11:05- we went through the land, air and water cards, he learned a few new names
11:20- tape again, with scissors tried cutting on lines, both held side with lines on the bottom
11:30 - i hang, he's not interested
11:40 - he tapes, i get out the tweezers and he offers to help
notice the tape in the back



11:47 - more tape and paper

12:00 - he helped me sweep for about 1 minute, starts looking for more tape since he is out.  i suggest the buckle box, which he does
a little crossed :)

12:05ish - i try the What Does Not Belong sheet, but it doesn’t go that well.  He sorta understands, he did the teeth cleaning line and the cat/dog line, but wasn’t sure about the other two.  i suggested that we put it away and try another day.
12:15 - markers
12:20 - thought we were all done but nope, found the googly-eyes!!
he has puddles of paint, so all he has to do is drop the eyes in
admiring his work

12:27 - lunch

**********************************************


No comments:

Post a Comment