Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Fresh Start

It's been about 6 months since I've had the time to sit down and blog!  In that time our family has spent most of our time house shopping, building, moving, unpacking, and traveling.  We are also now expecting a new addition to the family!  We're finally starting to get settled down and I'm really, really ready to start Link with some pre-school activities.  In our new house we actually have a dedicated school room and I already have the new shelves put together in the room.  This past week I have worked on getting our first set of activities on the shelves.  I tried hard to use only things I already have.  Once we're in a good routine and I know its working well, I plan to buy a few things at a time.  I'm a little nervous about the new baby coming in February as I'm sure it will disrupt our routine.  But, hopefully we'll be used to it enough that Link will be able to continue without my undivided attention.

So here's what I have on the shelves right now:



I plan to have add transferring with a dropper and with tongs as soon as I can find either.  I'd also like to do a sinking-floating activity, but haven't put a lot of thought into how that would work.  As soon as I get some flowers, I'm going to do flower arranging.  I'm pretty sure I have a little duster and dustpan around here somewhere.  When I find it, I'll put that in with some little pom poms.

I'll try to take pictures tomorrow either while Link works or afterwards!

Right now I think we'll be using the two hours in the morning while Bumblebee is sleeping.  So I don't have anything in the room for him.  Later I plan on having some things for him to join in, but while we're just getting started, I'd like to have the one-on-one time with Link to establish a good routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment